Thursday, October 1, 2009

6 weeks down

So many new things are going on in my district I don't know where to begin.

We have new administration, new TEKs, new scope and sequence, a new co-teaching policy, new start times, new schedule. It's been interesting.

For co-teaching we no longer have resource classes. Instead most of my sped kids are in one class and I have a special ed teacher in that period. To me, that is still a resource class but whatever. That class is going ok, but there is such a range of needs in that class it is hard to plan for all of them. I really need to start differentiating. On my 6 weeks exam I gave a TAKs style passage and one student remarked that was the most he had ever read. Really? 2.5 pages tops the list? Oh boy....

Our new scope and sequence is being written AS we are teaching. So I can see this 6 weeks, but not the next, which makes planing virtually impossible. Also the assessments we have to use aren't up until half-way through the unit. My next unit I am to teach fiction, drama, and poetry. And of course, grammar, spelling, capitalization and vocab to go along with it. In 5 weeks.

Thank goodness I have awesome students or all this bureaucratic mes would really bring me down :)

3 comments:

clerk smith said...


I have got nice and miracle information with your blog.


PLease also visit on these hypertext keywords:--- isochronic tones | mindfulness meditation | brainwave entrainment | meditation technology

simon said...

Hi Val, more times than not it's a small contact swith that needs to be replaced to fix the window!
3.00 part at Autozone depending on the year and make of the van.

Love the blog. Please visit us when you have a chance .

www.americanamateurkitchen.com and conside being a guest on the show with that great wit of yours!
Warm regards, Simon....

Nishant Gill said...

Nice Blog - Thus we request you keep me sending such kind of valuable info.thanks a lot to this blog post - GPS Tracking System